Database Connect Failed Error: 999
unknown
2009-01-23 17:59:32 UTC
I have a report executable that was hitting a MS SQL Server
2000 database. We recently took the schema and moved it to
a SQL Server 2005 database. When I take the old reports
from my library and create a new executable against the new
database, other users cannot run it. They get the
following message:

Database connect failed. Application cannot be run,
Error: 999
DBMS MSS Microsoft SQL Server is not supported in your
current installation.

These users did not have the SQL native client loaded on
their PCs, so I downloaded and installed that thinking it
would eliminate the issue, but it did not. They get the
same error.

Any ideas how I can get these reports working?
Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]
2009-01-23 19:26:01 UTC
Typically a message like that indicates that the user does not have the
pbmssxx.dll file (xx being 60, 70, 80, 90). Did you deploy the InfoMaker
runtime files to the user?
--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com
unknown
2009-01-23 21:01:31 UTC
I have all of the exectables in a common folder and have all
of the runtime DLLs in that folder with them. When I looked
for the file you spoke of, I had a 60, but my report was
built in 90. so, I copied the DLL from my laptp to the
folder, and the reports work for the users now.... THANK
YOU!